Sunday, September 9, 2012

Might Girl quotes JK Rowling on raising daughters....

From "Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling on raising daughters: "I've got two daughters who have to make their way in this skinny-obsessed world, and it worries me, because I don't want them to be empty-headed, self-obsessed, emaciated clones; I'd rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny - a thousand things, before 'thin'. And frankly I would rather they didn't give a gust of stinking chihuahua flatulence whether the woman standing next to them has fleshier knees than they do. Let my girls be Hermiones, rather than Pansy Parkinsons. Let them never be Stupid Girls."

Her reference to "Stupid Girls" is to pop singer Pink's single by the same name which Rowling described as "the antidote-anthem for everything I had been thinking about women and thinness." To learn more about this single or to preview it, visit http://www.amightygirl.com/stupid-girls

For books for Mighty Girls about body image issues, visit http://www.amightygirl.com/books/personal-development/life-challenges?cat=378

No comments:

Post a Comment