Sunday, September 2, 2012

Give Me My Title Or Walk Away - WOMAN

I was extremely hesitant about Google searching the term "girls" especially since I shouldn't because of the fact that I am a "girl." No. Pause. I am a Woman. I refuse to be mentioned or referred to as a 'girl' because I am no longer 5 years old and any man (or female) that refers to me as a girl should acknowledge that being downgraded to a mere child when you are a Women in her 20's (referencing to me, of course) deserves the title/acknowledgement of the person they have become. Also, I say all of this in the most serious tone ever because it definitely has happened and of course, I do correct people because it is the right thing to do. I am probably overreacting but think about it; every girl has been through the phase of innocence. As a child (girl), I considered myself to be confused, naive and at times, taken advantage of. People fail to give people their titles of what their becoming because isn't that the whole reason why we have stages within life? Men tend to downgrade a woman's title in some cases by believing that the world we've been growing up in is strictly theirs. The term "girls" appears on Google by the typical female stereotypes that appear in the mind of a male. I click on search and TV shows that have a famous actress appears OR the "hottest" girls you want to know about is there within a click of a button. What about the images? Of course, the fantasy of "girls" having girl on girl action or how other people refer to it as LESBIANS. Where are the successful, educated woman at in these pictures? All I see are half naked woman, kissing and posing in sensual ways with alcohol. This search just demonstrates how women are devalued by the media and by men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment